Samstag, 23. März 2013

Sand Style Polish

I don't know what polish manufacturer started the trend, but first I saw OPI's "liquid sand" from Mariah collection. And the next was the cheap brand p2 with theit new products and among them was a series of "Sand Style Polish", which was instantly and constantly sold out in almost every dm-store.
Well, the German text on the bottle says "Angesagter Effektlack" (like "this effect polish is the flavour of the month"). Whether it's true or the people were affected with this statement... I just don't know.

I bought one of six (?) shades, named "050 confidential", which is blue with mostly silvery sparkles. It's recommended to put two coats and let them dry very well. So I did.
Previously I tried to paint Sand Style over my repair polish which I usually wear as base coat.  Unfortunately the Sand Style polish wouldn't get dry at all or did it so slowly that my patience was already over. I found it not very useful and nail friendly.
As the polish went dry, it got a rough texture like sand and it's glittering was a bit less:

Once more in artificial light:
Obviously the polish contains some hard particles which are glittering and in particular building the effect of sand in dry state. But (and I meant this as unfriendly for nails) while taking off the polish you should take right amount of polish remover. Other way and if you rub you nails too hard these particles could scratch your nail plates.

Overall I find the polish interesting and beautiful, and if you compare the prices it's very reasonable if you want to get fashionable effect like texture on your nails.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen